The Wandering Continues...

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Last Working day in 2007


Finally I made it through...

Friday was my last day at the office for 2007. I woke up in the morning feeling excited that I will soon be off for the long-waited holiday but also sad knowing that I have to say goodbye to a colleague who will go back to Germany. I hate farewell, especially to those people I feel most comfortable to interact with.

I found this as a big disadvantage of being an expat, it took you sometimes to make friends but by the time you've finally made one, it is already the time to say goodbye again and move on with your life. It sucks.

We had a big farewell dinner from the company last night. Some of us stayed longer for a drink at Cloud 9 Bar at Jinmao Building. We chatted till morning and looked back to the time that we have spent in China and all the achievements and the frustrations that we've shared together. I will definetely miss the time we worked and fighted together for our result. He is one of the people that I respect in my life and I have the pleasure to have worked together with him.

And now, I can actually prepare for my trip! We are flying by 9 am on Sunday morning.

Happy Holidays to all of you and I hope you have a great one too!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

  • And for us in Mazatlan, we were just watching the clocks waiting for you to arrive to the most beatiful city of the world . That`s why we call it La Perla del Pacifico (Pearl of the Pacific).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:59 AM  

  • Ich hoffe ihr hattet einen schoenen weihnachten und wuensche euch einen guten rutsch in neues jahr! Viele liebe gruesse aus Frankreich!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:15 PM  

  • Tante&Om happy holiday, merry x-mas, great fun in new year season. All the best for the coming year 2008. Warm regards Eric and family

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:40 AM  

  • Auch Euch Frohe Weihnachten! Viele liebe Gruesse nach Mexiko!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 7:45 AM  

  • Hallo Eveline and George,



    Ich wünsche Euch und Eurer Familie alles alles Gute für das Neue Jahr.

    Ich hoffe euch geht es gut in Shanghai.

    Viele liebe Grüße


    Stephan

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home