The Wandering Continues...

Friday, December 07, 2007

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

It's the most wonderful time of the year
with the kids jingle belling
and everyone telling you "Be a good cheer"
It's the most wonderful time of the year
It's the hap-happiest season of all
with those holiday greetings and gay happy meetings
when friends come to call
It's the hap-happiest season of all


I tend to be overly sensitive during the christmas time. Happens to me every year and it will pass when the season is over.


This year, I miss a lot the christmas season in Germany. This is the time of the year when we normally go to the christmas market to buy our advent wreath and drinking gluehwein in cold and sometimes snowy December weather.


My favourite place was to hang out nearby the ice skating ring so I can enjoy a glass or two of gluehwein while listening to the christmas carols and the people chattering happily. I would also enjoy the smell of fresh pines and fresh baked cinnamon cookies in the air, llistening to the joyous laughter of children, the jingling bell and watching the people busy fullfiling their christmas shopping list.


In China, things are completely different. I bet not a lot of people know about Christmas. In fact almost all companies will work on Christmas day, including mine. Some malls will try to put up Christmas tree (of course made of plastic-look-alike-pines) and play Christmas songs, but still you are missing the true atmosphere.


So we decided to decorate our apartment with four green and red candles as replacement for advent wreath as I won't accept plastic made wreath and I am not allowed to mail order the original from Germany either. Jorge has put out the christmas lighting in our balcony last week and he bought also some poinsetias home.


We have also some christmas shopping list for his family in Mexico. We played Christmas songs whenever we are at home. We tried to do as much as possible to feel like christmas.


And last night, St. Nikolaus came to my desk and left a chocolate in there. Just what I need!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home