The Wandering Continues...

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Wipha update

The typhoon didn't hit Shanghai until about 1 pm today.

In the morning when I woke up, I could see cloudy sky, dry land and almost no wind. I wasn't very sure if I have missed the typhoon when I slept or whether it has't actually arrived in Shanghai yet. But as I live only a block away from the main Huang Pu river, I could see that there is still no activities there, means that all ships were still docked in the port and we were still under typhoon alert.

I also heard in CNN that it is a very normal weather condition before typhoon hits. Weather will actually improving, rain will stop and there will be almost no wind in the air. But it will change as soon as typhoon hits.

At around 1 pm today, when I was in hot and difficult teleconference meeting with Germany, the weather outside of the office window just changed 180 degree. Heavy rainfall, dark sky and from time to time you can actually hear the strong wind blows through the windows. It lasted probably for 2 hours (I can't really tell as a lot of time I have to concentrate giving arguments with the German on the phone) but as I left the office today around 8 pm, there was only light rain outside.

And they all told me that we will have sunny day tomorrow. We will see about that!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home