The Wandering Continues...

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Another Farewell

Last Friday I went out with my boss (you can see his picture rock climbing in the previos post) to have our last dinner together in Shanghai. We sat, also with Jorge and one other friend, by the River Huang and started to chat about his time here in China and our time working together for the last 2 months. He is such a great guy and I really am sad that I didn't get to work with him for a longer period. His assignment in China is due and he will be back to Germany end of this week.

It is funny that eventhough we only worked for 2 months but we can almost read each other mind. We had our last conversation in the office last Thursday to discuss work after he left and he can always feel that I had still some issues that I haven't speak out. It scares me a bit when your boss can almost read your mind! But then again, it is always good to work together with him. We are such a solid team that we have been winning some difficult negotiations with the headquarter these past few weeks. I can still recall one night we had a phone conference with the German headquarter people at 7 pm! We were so tired after the long day at work but we can still present our ideas in brilliant way and made them almost speechless. They actually accepted our ideas without further arguments. And these are the people who are known to be "difficult".

I have 3 bosses during the last 10 years of my working life but I had only 2 that I really respect and admire and I wish I can be like one someday. One was my boss when I was in Indonesia and now him. I wish life doesn't have to change so much and people doesn't need to say goodbye so often. But unfortunately we three are difficult people, we are never satisfied of what we have so far. We always want more!

We ended our dinner at 2 am in the morning (the waitress was so relieved when we left) and we hoped that we will have a chance to work together again in the future, him as the CEO and I am the CFO (he told me that he will for sure promotes me to be one!) in one of our affiliation in...Azerbaijan!!! (Ok, I told him that he should choose Australia or South Africa, it will be much favorable!!!)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • I did a blogger search for uploading my qtvr file to my blog and found your same question that you posted about a year ago. Did you ever figure it out? If so please share what you did with me.

    By Blogger Dom and Trey, At 8:07 PM  

  • Hi Dom and Trey,

    I think you were referring to the slideroll question? Unfortunately, I still don't find solution to this.

    By Blogger Eveline, At 7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home