The Wandering Continues...

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Moving to Shanghai – Chapter 1 : Insurance and Medical Check Up

So many things to do, so little time..

I had a meeting with the human resources lady last week to start the expatriation process and she handed me a long list of things to do for the China preparation.

One thing that catches my direct attention is full medical check up and insurance coverage prior to departure.

I have to present list of all immunizations that I had received in my whole life and I have to give up for a HIV Test. I should undergo a series of necessary immunizations and perhaps other medications before I leave for Shanghai.

The company will also apply a 24hr casualty insurance coverage for me and Jorge during our 3 years stay in Shanghai (this is on top from the normal medical insurance)

Is it just me or it really feels like I am going to a war or something…

PS: I learned that Germans have a so-called “Impfungsbuch” which records all the immunizations that they received since birth. Some priviledges that I don’t have as Indonesian, of course.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home